Latest happenings in the kitchen

Baby brother and I have planted a garden in the dirt strip at the shop. 4 grape tomato plants, 4 early girl tomato plants. Not too much, right?

This summer has provided a BUMPER CROP of tomatoes

......OMG what do I do with all the grape tomatoes????? I thought I could just have a couple every day for lunch.......HA!!!! Came home with a bag full of those juicy red treats. 

I found this recipe for Crockpot Canning Salsa .This recipe uses 7 cups of any kind of tomatoes, skin and all .You throw the ingredients into the crock pot for 4 hours and go do your thing. I had 2 crock pots going at once. Made 2 more crock pots full before all those grape tomatoes were used up. (that's 28 cups of tomatoes!!!!)

11 pints of yummy goodness
Some hints..........go light on the salt and cilantro. I heated all my batches of salsa together until it came to a boil and then proceeded with the normal canning routine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Citrus explosion !!!!

In the sewing room