Citrus explosion !!!!

I love citrus flavors.......I love colors of citrus..........I saw beautiful bags of lemons and limes at the market. Visions of fresh citrus water and summer deserts flooded my senses......those bags of citrus came home with me. 

Fast forward........Those bags of citrus are still with me, pretty much untouched 2 weeks later. 

Imagine my delight when I saw lime zest in the salsa recipe!!! (Oh, did I forget to say that I saw this ingredient added on another website recipe for salsa? It definitely added to the flavor of the salsa). 

So...........I used the rind of the lime-should I throw the rest away? My mantra is 'waste not, want not'. 

I love fresh lime juice in my water.........Hey, wait, I have a citrus juicer. Light bulb moment!!!! Juice the rest of the lime, freeze it into 'lime cubes' and use that in my water! Ahhhhhh, summer time just made easier!

Once the lime cubes are frozen, I will repeat this using my lemons.

Note: Juice from one lime filled 2 of the ice cube sections

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Latest happenings in the kitchen

In the sewing room